facebook js

Follow Planet-Soaring on Facebook

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Typhoon assembly

I started with the fuselage. The work consists in cutting the servo tray and install the rudder and elevator servos. I decided to try a new servos brand.


Elevator servo: Power HD-2213MG
  • Voltage: 4.5v~6v
  • Speed: .16sec
  • Torque: 2.7kg/cm
  • Bearings: 1BB
  • Gears: Metal
  • Weight: 16g
  • Size: 23x12x24mm
Rudder servo: Power HD-1581HB
  • Voltage: 4.5v~6v
  • Speed: .16sec
  • Torque: 1.9kg/cm
  • Bearings: 1BB
  • Gears: Nylon
  • Weight: 12g
  • Size: 23x12x20mm
The place for the battery and the receiver is limited. I have seen different layout on RC forum. On my side I choose to install the battery (4x Eneloop 2000 mAh) on the side, and the receiver too. Receiver will be a simprop Scan 7 (not the one on the picture).



I have also installed the wing plugs. I don't know why, but the servos extension leads arrives with the male connector on the wing and the female connector on the fuselage. I personnaly think that this is not good because the connector on the fuselage is not integrated into the fuselage. So I reversed them in order to have the male connector fully integrated in the fuselage. It gives a little more work but the result is much nicer and reliable.


On the wing side, I started to use the servos mounts provided in the kit. I first modified them to the size of the wing servos. Then I discovered than the way they are designed hinds the optimum cinematic of the the control rods.



So I decided to build my own servo mounts with 4mm plywood.


I glued them in place with rapid epoxy. The servos is the new BMS 555 from blue bird (not the digital one):

  • Weight: 23g / 0.82oz
  • Dimensions: 30.00 x 10.00 x 34.00mm / 1.18" x 0.39" x 1.33"
  • Torque At 4.8V: 4.2kg/cm , 57 oz/in
  • Torque At 6.0V: 4.7kg/cm , 181 oz/in
  • Speed At 4.8V: 0.15 sec / 60° at no load
  • Speed At 6.0V: 0.13 sec / 60° at no load
Despite their thickness (only 10 mm) the ailerons servos exceed the max thickness of the servo bay. Unfortunately the servo cover is flat, so I will need to find a solution.

More to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Jehnedi (CZ) F3G Eurotour final contest report

Text and photos:  Sebastian Haase (German version below) In my last and first report on the new, young and upcoming FAI class F3G, Pierre an...